Friday, January 20, 2012

You should really write all this stuff down.....

I heard this a few times from friends.  Jennifer Fithian and Beth Mann are my biggest cheerleaders and you have them to thank....if anyone besides them even comes to read this.  A shout out too to Elizabeth Anne who promises that she will read it every morning!!


So what does one write about?  What do I say?  Well I plan to be real & honest and share what is on my heart.  I want to share how I feel that living in a 3rd world country is SO much better than living in the US.  I want to share my faith in Jesus Christ and after almost 10 years of dedicating my life to follow Jesus, I still am a work in progress!  I want to brighten someone's day, inspire maybe a few, and give hope to those who may feel they don't have any.  I worry I might say the wrong thing, or offend someone, but I am going to say what is on my heart and see where it gets me.  I want to have a place where I can document my progress so I can see where I am growing.  I am afraid this will be just one more project that I start and don't finish.  So every day I have to at least post something so it becomes a habit.  I want you to see where I see God working in my life and in my heart.  I have learned with a change in perspective and when you slow down and look around, this is a pretty amazing place!!


So right now I want to get out and walk!  One of my favorite things to do here and I only have a couple more days to do it easily.  I am not sure how much land is here, but there is quite a bit and it is beautiful.  The Highlands is a sports complex (one of 13 - I think - around the world) http://www.highlandsdr.com/Highlands_Dominican/Welcome.html.  


Here is a view of our campus



I walk here every morning, well almost every morning.  My favorite things are the people that work here and their hugs and good mornings and even one of the grounds crew who I taught how to say I love you in sign language.  




I usually hate exercising, but the cool mornings and some wonderful fellowship makes it fun!  Then there is my time with my amiga Joyce.  I listen to Joyce Meyer while I walk.  She gets me fired up to follow Christ, she convicts me, she inspires me!  


I love the animals.  We are the ones actually fenced in and the animals get to run free.  There is Toby our watch dog and his many wives and children.  Mariposa is one of his wives and if I heard correctly they are expecting....we shall see if I got that translation right!



Toby


Princesa - Toby's daughter


Mariposa

There are cows and horses and roosters that I can hear from afar.




and frogs and lizards 





and awesome clouds and sunsets and rainbows




 and amazing trees and butterflies




 I just love living here at the Highlands.  After I finish my walk, I have to finish packing because we are moving this weekend.  My brain immediately goes in to freak out mode remembering the stress from our move a mere 6 months ago from GA to here.  This move is not so stressful with our more simplified life style here.  We are moving just up the street to a new apartment.  More to come on that later.  I will miss just walking out my door and around the Highlands, but look forward to being closer to the beach and hoping that now my walks can include the beach and some new friends.  Gotta run, lots to do today, but have a blessed day y'all and looking forward to more posts!!


Here is the Jesus Calling reading for today that I usually post on facebook:

Approach this day with awareness of who is Boss. As you make plans for the day, remember that it is I who orchestrate the events of your life. On days when things go smoothly, according to your plans, you may be unaware of My sovereign Presence. On days when your plans are thwarted, be on the lookout for Me! I may be doing something important in your life, something quite different from what you expected. It is essential at such times to stay in communication with Me, accepting My way as better than yours. Don’t try to figure out what is happening. Simply trust Me and thank Me in advance for the good that will come out of it all. I know the plans I have for you, and they are good.

“As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.”
—Isaiah 55:9–11

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
—Jeremiah 29:11 - http://bit.ly/eF5kSq


Be blessed today and see how good it feels to just do one good thing for someone today!!

In His Grip,
Jodi

8 comments:

  1. Yippee! You did it! I am so proud of you! Your first blog was wonderful to read and look at. Can't wait to hear about the move. Happy day to you!

    Love,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you started a blog! I'm not sure I understand this statement though.... "I want to share how I feel that living in a 3rd world country is SO much better than living in the US." Can you tell me more?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan on a blog entry, or probably a few to tell why after a pretty quick time I realized that they do a lot of things better here. Also, although they don't have many material possessions they are content and are actually richer than me, since I have a mortgage on my home and owe about $200K on it.

      Delete
  3. Love it, Jodi! I love hearing how you're falling in love with such a unique place and how God is using you and Michael. Can't wait for your post on the tarantulas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I worry you will defriend me :) I have learned to respect them as God's creation but I don't want them in my house....LOL!

      Delete
  4. Jodi,

    I love it!! What a great way for you to use more of your gifts...

    Hugs and Love,
    Mamma J

    ReplyDelete