Tuesday, March 27, 2012

We must remember so we don't forget

Some of you may have seen this video before.  Some of you may have even been lucky enough to have known Holt Rowland.  I met Holt Rowland in the Dominican Republic the summer of 2010 on a FCA Mission Trip with SCORE International.  I made this video for his family on the anniversary of his death this past fall.  Holt passed away in a car accident just a few months after his trip to the DR.  I often need reminders of how to walk with the Lord, and Holt's example of living a life pleasing to God was amazing....and he was 16 years old.

Holt's memory is alive here in the DR.  FCA shirts carry a HR10 on the sleeve.  Our wrist bands for our ministry also have the HR10.  I tell as many groups as I can about the amazing young man named Holt Rowland and how he truly lived a life filled with LOVE!! Love for other's and most importantly a love for Jesus played out with lots of time building his relationship by reading His Word and journaling about where he saw God each day.  His treasure was Jesus....his heart was where his treasure was and it was in reading the Word and building a relationship with Jesus.

I am still in contact with Holt's family and our new friends in Blackshear, GA.  Pierce County was once a place of competition and two teams trying to beat each other in baseball.  Now our relationship with the people of Pierce County is one of love!!

I hope I can lead my life as Holt and show God's love to all those I meet.



Click here for the video

https://vimeo.com/31874568



No comments:

Post a Comment