Monday, March 5, 2012

Sorry for being among the missing!

I have been among the missing and I apologize!  My Mom was just here from the day after my birthday (22nd) until this past Friday so I didn't want to take any time away from our time together.  I also found out recently that I am anemic.  Not to get into too much medical detail but I have had out of control periods over the last couple of months and they took their toll on me physically!  I had horrible headaches, super tired, and just didn't feel like doing much.  Thankfully our local Doc gave me a blood test in his clinic then sent me for more thorough blood work (CBC - complete blood count and a renal panel).  The results came back worse than he expected but I am on iron medication and had a shot of iron.  This weekend and today I just want to sleep the day away.  I know I need to rest, but I am wrestling with resting too much and not doing life!  Pray for me to find balance and to snap out of this funk!


Mom and I in La Romana, DR at Casa de Campo

                    View of the golf course in La Romana, DR at Casa de Campo


I am finding that daily postings may be too much for me right now, so I am also trying to find out the best way to handle my blog going forward.  I am thinking of maybe just posting a couple of days a week so I can plan ahead and keep up with it without being overwhelmed.


In His Grip,
Jodi

4 comments:

  1. so sorry to hear that jodi...did they check for hypothyroidism?? i have it and similar symptoms before starting treatment. will be praying for strength!
    Brittany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my sweet friend! So sorry to hear about the anemia! At least you have an answer to why you have been feeling so tired though! I will keep you in my prayers and look forward to your posts whenever you can get to them! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl - the only pressure is that which you put on yourself. Write what you want, when you want. God knows your heart and your friends do too! Love you so. Rest - it's a hard thing for us do-ers to do but it's an important lesson! Praying for you! T

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there,

    You do what is best for you. Write when you want! We just love having one more way to stay connected. Get you better first. Sending love your DR way!

    Jennifer F.

    ReplyDelete